I am really excited to announce the immediate availability of CorelCAD, our brand new offering for professional design in 2D and 3D. Until today, our offering included fantastic solutions for the creative graphics (CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT) as well as the technical illustration (Corel DESIGNER) users, but we did not provide a great solution for the actual Computer Aided Design. As of today, Architects, engineers, construction-business related and general manufacturing users have a new choice when it comes to professional 2D and 3D software. Even better, it's available for both MacOS and Windows.
When we started working on CorelCAD, we knew from the get-go that your requirements would include:
- the capability of opening and saving .DWG files natively, e.g. do not loose information converting files through an import & export process.
- the need to include industry standard CAD features and be able to design in both 2D and 3D (for those familiar with CAD, we do have the command line there)
- the ability to run it on both Windows and Mac OS (CorelCAD is actually a hybrid product, e.g. you get both platforms in the same box)
- the opportunity to customize the UI to your needs and to automate tasks, reason why we include support for both LISP and Visual Studio for Applications (VSTA is on Windows only).
- direct export to CorelDRAW and Corel DESIGNER X5 formats, including the support for model and paper space, so that you can get your CAD data perfectly into your creative or technical illustration software of choice (we actually also export to PDF).
CorelCAD is available as of today in 6 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. To enable you to give it a try, we have a free 30-days trial available from http://www.corel.com/corelcad. Make sure to register your trial to activate all features including saving & printing.
Finally, we added a new forum on CorelDRAW.com to discuss about CorelCAD.
Tue, May 10 2011 11:42