connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

3D Rendering in X5 ??

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

csmajik4 posted on Fri, Aug 20 2010 15:12

Can you do 3D rendering in X5 or do you need some type of CAD software to do that?

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
CorelDRAW is 2D software. With very careful design, you can simulate the look of 3D. But if your goal is 3D, you'll want to find other software. You could use CorelDRAW to draw the objects and then bring them into your 3D software of choice for extruding, rotating and rendering.

Top 50 Contributor
Mexico
Male

Hi csmajik4

You can simulate but you can not rotate it, change angle etc ... As an a program 3D is only 2D.
Here are some examples made in CorelDRAW simulating 3D:

The more I know, the more I believe in God.

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

Jesus Cota:
Here are some examples made in CorelDRAW simulating 3D:

Very nice!

I wonder why Corel dropped 3D.. they had licensed  a version of Ray Dream designer at one point (Corel Dream).

Perhaps blender is what users are forced to, for those who only occasionally need 3D today.

Jesus,
I love your work -- you are so good!!

joan

Jesus Cota wrote:
> Hi csmajik4
>
> You can simulate but you can not rotate it, change angle etc ... As an a
> program 3D is only 2D.
> Here are some examples made in CorelDRAW simulating 3D:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> http://coreldraw.com/forums/p/21627/96000.aspx#96000
>
Top 50 Contributor
Wisconsin
Male

Once again I'm amazed, you make it look so easy .  And so many different style of images.

You inspire me and I thank you.

Art for a crowded planet - your window to my art and life online

Making images of balance and harmony for a chaotic world.

Top 50 Contributor
Germany / Europe
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
mo replied on Tue, Aug 24 2010 4:25

I made good experience with Google Sketchup 7. You can export your model as pdf and import it as vectors into CorelDRAW.

And it is damn easy to use!!

„We are SATISFIED if we got everything we wished to have. But we can only be HAPPY if our EGO hadn‘t been standing in our way to get there.“

Sustainable Graphics Design & Illustration: econceptum.com

Blog: mobeumers.wordpress.com

Top 50 Contributor
Germany / Europe
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
mo replied on Tue, Aug 24 2010 4:29

Agree. Maybe Corel should think about an import ability for .obj files for CorelDRAW with application-inside scaling and rotating. It is also time to elaborate the current extrude tool to be more versatile; in combination with an effective .obj/.dxf importer it would become interresting for more graphics designers...

„We are SATISFIED if we got everything we wished to have. But we can only be HAPPY if our EGO hadn‘t been standing in our way to get there.“

Top 50 Contributor
Mexico
Male

Jeff. Thanks a lot.

joan. It is an honor for me.

Andrew. You're Welcome.

Hi mo, I will test Google sketchup to see how it works.

mo:

I made good experience with Google Sketchup 7. You can export your model as pdf and import it as vectors into CorelDRAW.

And it is damn easy to use!!

Hi,

these days I am playing with Google SketchUp too.
I think It is not very good for products modeling, anyway, I am strugling for them.
"It is damn easy to use!!"

here is mine from SketchUp. It was rendered with V-ray.

Lee

Top 50 Contributor
Germany / Europe
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
mo replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 8:44

DUDE, thats amazing! How did you create the organic forms!!?

You guys are AWESOME!!!    I hope to be this good one day.  Thanks for all the tips.

So I am starting to play around with Sketch Up.  How do I get the 3D item into X5 as a vector image I can work with?  I only see a way to export as a bitmap image.

Top 50 Contributor
Mexico
Male

stusee:
here is mine from SketchUp. It was rendered with V-ray.

Hi, stusee

Excellent work. I have a question ... How you did this modeling in sketchup? , Which I see has no tools for that, or I missed something.

From what I see, is far from blender quality  which is also free. (But is good to have it, is easy to use)

Regards

Top 50 Contributor
Mexico
Male

csmajik4:

So I am starting to play around with Sketch Up.  How do I get the 3D item into X5 as a vector image I can work with?  I only see a way to export as a bitmap image.

Hi, csmajik

From what I see, stusee and mo, they refer to the commercial version, this allows you to export to various formats and may be wich have more modeling tools. I think.

Could I know what you intend to do, you could upload an image?

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.