connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

New features added to the FREE macro: Inner Shadow

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 96 Replies | 8 Followers

Page 1 of 7 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

Top 10 Contributor
Melbourne
Male
Brian posted on Sat, Apr 9 2011 23:30

At the request of, or challenge from I should say, Jeff Harrison - I have added an extra feature to the above macro. If you run the macro and press the Create Inner Shadow button you get a black inner shadow, or white if the White Shadow checkbox was ticked. 

NEW: Pressing the button with a PLUS sign on it expands the macro interface and provides a button which opens the colour picker dialog. From there you can choose a custom colour for the inner shadow. After choosing your colour press the Apply Inner Shadow button next to the custom colour button to create your inner shadow. I was even kind enough to use the Americanized spelling of the word colour: i.e. color Stick out tongue

Please excust the over-compressed video...here is the macro in action (the macro itself is attached):

Brian Melbourne

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

nice!

Jeff

Brian:
At the request of, or challenge from I should say, Jeff Harrison - I have added an extra feature to the above macro. If you run the macro and press the Create Inner Shadow button you get a black inner shadow, or white if the White Shadow checkbox was ticked. 

Top 25 Contributor
Southeast Texas, USA
Male

Very  nice Brian. Ya done good.

Jack

Lately, I have too much month left at the end of the money!

good one Brian, I will make up a tutorial and use this in my classes

Thank you

Joe

Top 10 Contributor
Melbourne
Male

Messieurs Jeff, Jack et Joe,

thank you kindly for your positive feedback, that's the kind of stuff which motivates me to write more macros. Big Smile I feel happy that I managed to make something which you guys found helpful. Afterall, you guys are helping people in here all the time and I think that is great!

Best regards,
Brian.

Brian Melbourne

Thank you Brian,

It is a pleasure to use your macros. If everyone was willing to give so generously like you, our world would be completely different.

Thank you Brian! You've made a good thing even better! Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Melbourne
Male

Hi Halamisha/Bahnsen,

thank you very much for your kind words. Much appreciated.

Best regards,
Brian.

Brian Melbourne

ooooh, very, very nifty Brian...................definitely a winner, I love it!

Thank you!

Diane Jersey Girl

Very very nice. Thank you very much. It will be very helpfull.

Louis

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

Brian:
thank you kindly for your positive feedback, that's the kind of stuff which motivates me to write more macros.

Here's a sample... :-)
Note, I found a bug: make two shapes, group them, then run.

Top 10 Contributor
Melbourne
Male

Jeff Harrison:
Here's a sample... :-)
Note, I found a bug: make two shapes, group them, then run

Hi Jeff,

wow, I wouldn't have even thought of using it on an image like that, I really like the result. The image looks so flat and dull by comparison when the video goes back to the start and shows the original image.

I will look into the bug tonight and either figure out a way of making it work with groups, or build in an error handler and message notifying the user it does not work on groups.

Best regards,
Brian.

Brian Melbourne

Top 10 Contributor
Melbourne
Male

Diane and Louis,

thank you very much for your kind words! Jeff picked up an issue when trying to use the macro on grouped shapes, so I will try to fix that one up tonight.

Best regards,
Brian.

Brian Melbourne

Top 100 Contributor
Atlanta, USA
Male

Kudo to Brian, if I visit Melcourne I will certainly go thanks you. You make that world better, true

Would be nice to have in the property bar.

CorelDraw X5 Smile v. 15.2.0.686 Hot Fix 4 - Windows 7-64

Top 10 Contributor
Melbourne
Male

asterix:

Kudo to Brian, if I visit Melcourne I will certainly go thanks you. You make that world better, true

Would be nice to have in the property bar.

Thanks Asterix,

your compliments are appreciated. I still need to fix up the issue with grouped shapes, but I won't be able to get onto that until tonight.

Best regards,
Brian.

Brian Melbourne

Page 1 of 7 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.