connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Error on install

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

pwinms posted on Thu, Sep 15 2011 19:52

I am unable to install CDR X5. This is what I get.

Error Code:    -5001 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (142)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600)
IE Version: 8.0.7601.17514

I have downloaded all available Windows updates. Help?

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

You need to upgrade to Windows XP SP3 and you'll be all set.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 25 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

RunFlaCruiser:

Hi.

You need to upgrade to Windows XP SP3 and you'll be all set.

~John

...and while you are upgrading to Service Pack 3, install .NET 3.5 as you will need that to run CGS X5.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

Are you saying I need to upgrade my version of Windows? I am running a 64 bit system and it tells me the SP3 is not needed or used.

FRUSTRATED!

Anyone else have other suggestions? I would love to get this installed today.

Top 25 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

Again, do you have .NET 3.x installed? CGS X5 needs itm to run.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

Yes, I installed this last night after trying to install SP3 which told me the software needed for this update was not on my machine.

30 minute wait time with no response on the Corel support line. Is there a fix to this problem?

Does anyone else have suggestions?

Top 75 Contributor
Mumbai, INDIA
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

pwinms:
I have downloaded all available Windows updates.

From the error it looks like you are sitting on Windows XP Service Pack 2. The latest service pack for XP is SP3. Can you post the screenshot of your system details page from Control Panel - System.

Go to Control Panel - System; On this page there will be a Tab saying "Computer". What does it display under the OS name? Does it say Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3?

If you see Service Pack 2, then you need to install Service Pack 3 for windows xp. Here is the link to download service pack 3 for windows xp.

Win XP Service Pack 3

***EDIT***

Sorry I didn't go through all your posts. Because you're using 64-bit edition of XP, you don't need SP3. SP2 is the latest version for 64-bit XP.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7
Tabbed Interface, Transparency in Fountain Fills, Tons of Contents

www.corelinsight.com

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.