connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Imported JPEG Blurry

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

randy101 posted on Wed, May 2 2012 12:49

I have read past questions on this and they did not seam to help.  I have a JPEG cartoon image (company logo) that I want to import.  When I do the logo goes blurry.  Not terrible, but when you zoom in, way more blurry than if you opened the picture in Microsoft Picture Manager.  Any ideas?

Thanks everyone,

Randy

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello randy; It depends on how close you zoom in to how it will look. A 72 DPI graphics is going to be the same no mater which program you use. You could dress it up if you wanted.

George

TheSignGuy

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

randy101:

I have read past questions on this and they did not seam to help.  I have a JPEG cartoon image (company logo) that I want to import.  When I do the logo goes blurry.  Not terrible, but when you zoom in, way more blurry than if you opened the picture in Microsoft Picture Manager.  Any ideas?

Thanks everyone,

Randy

Hi.

Your jpg is meant to be viewed at a certain exact size. Any size large and it will appear wrong and of poor quality.

Example. An image on the internet on a web page is about 300x300 will appear ok and fine at that size. If you have the image loaded in Draw and it is any bigger on your screen than it is on that webpage then it will not appear clear. In fact it is usually even optimized for a trade off between page loading speed and image clarity at the 300x300 size on that website.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 10 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
Randy,

When you import bad artwork it looks bad. A logo in JPG format is almost always bad artwork.

Thanks guys, just seams weird when you blow both up and the picture viewer is much cleaner than to corel version.  Just wondering if there was something to crispen the lines.

thanks again,

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

randy101:
the picture viewer is much cleaner than to corel version
Please show us screenshots.

/Ronny

“The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”
John Steinbeck

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Ronny Axelsson:
Please show us screenshots.

Making sure that both screenshots are taken with the view at exactly 100% -- otherwise you are seeing a subsequent resampling, not the actual image itself.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.