connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

DFX & PDF

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

Not Ranked
Bronx, NY
Male
Dominick posted on Tue, Jun 19 2012 12:00

Hi.  I'm having 2 seperate import problems in Coreldraw X5 in Windows 7.  The first one, and the one I need to fix immediatly is, every time I try to import a dfx file, the program crashes.   The other which is less important right now is, a lot of times when I try to import PDF's I get an error message that says the file is corrupt.  Any help please, especially on the dfx problem.

Thanks,

Dom

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
I’ve not heard of the DFX format. Do you mean DXF? If so, it is likely the files are simply too complex for CorelDRAW to handle. A couple of months ago I covered some possibilities in a blog post at http://graphics-unleashed.unleash.com/2012/04/importing-autocad-files-into-coreldraw.html

The PDF files are most likely not corrupt. You simply get this message because they are in a newer flavor of PDF than what is supported in your version of CorelDRAW. This is one of the reasons that users need to upgrade on a regular basis. You may want to ask whoever created the PDF files what they used to create them.

Not Ranked
Bronx, NY
Male

Foster,

Yes, I did mean DXF.  Sorry

The file is a drawing of the structure of a sign so it probably is very complex.

I'm going to try your blog after I send this.

I will make sure I check what the pdf files were created in from now on.

Thank you !

Dom

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.