connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

#i causes crash

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

Darkskyez posted on Wed, Jun 20 2012 20:24

Typing #i and cycling back to the pick tool causes repeatable crash on 64bit system.

Any ideas for a solution?

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Emerald Beach NSW Australia
Male

It sure does! Indifferent

No Idea why, lets wait and see who else chimes in.

Top 100 Contributor
Illinois, USA

Darkskyez:

Typing #i and cycling back to the pick tool causes repeatable crash on 64bit system.

Any ideas for a solution?

For what it's worth, this process crashes my 64-bit installation of X6 also. Certainly not your typical crash mechanism!

All the best,

Bill

Turning off 'Replace text while typing' under Options>Text>Quick Correct seems to be a temporary workaround.

Top 100 Contributor
Ottawa
Male
CorelEmployee

I think this might be addressed in the next service pack. Make sure to try that once it is out. (not out yet)

Claude Peloquin, CorelDRAW Principal Software Developer (Specialty : Text)

Top 25 Contributor
Grand Haven, Michigan
Male

Darkskyez:

I can verify that it crashes on windows 7 32 bit also.

Mike

Current System: i3 3.07ghz, 3gb ram, Windows 7 32 bit with all updates and X6

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Typing two hyphens followed by a space has some weird behaviour too (in UK English).

It doesn't crash, but instead of converting the two hyphens to a dash, it inserts a dash before them and leaves the hyphens as well, with the cursor positioned between them :

That's not so awkward as a crash, but still wrong.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.