connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

protection of our desian

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

bara alfa posted on Sun, Jul 15 2012 2:04

I want to ask everyone how to protect the results of our design with corel draw format, so we design can only be opened in Corel and can not in foxes

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

It is hard to open a CorelDraw file in anything other than CorelDraw. To do so would require the programmer that created the other program to also create an import filter, which would be quite a substantial task.

However, anybody who has the CorelDraw program would be able to open the file and could therefore save it in another format that another program could open.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not in foxes". Firefox or Foxpro maybe? Neither of them are graphics design programs and neither will directly open a CorelDraw .CDR file.

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

if you talk about to send your file to other people or company, the only way is to Publish as PDF and add a password protection on the Security tab

If it's for native CDR files, sorry, there's no way, except don't send the file and send a JPG instead

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 200 Contributor
Pontiac, Illinois USA
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

A while back I posted a similar topic on a sign makers thread.  I posted about how you can create password protected pdfs.  One person responded that he could probably bypass the password, so I posted the file.  Sure enough, he and a few others were able to open and edit the artwork.  The programs they listed that allowed them to do so were FlexiSIGN and Inkscape to name a few.  However most agreed that it was sufficient enough protection for the vast majority of their clients.  I don't think this is a CorelDRAW issue, more of an Adobe pdf issue.

I know when we send sketches to clients, we first collect a down payment before doing the sketch work, then we create a bitmap sketch file that's complete with watermarks and disclaimers.

Joe Diaz

diazsignart.com

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

Here's a few ideas in this thread that pertain to this topic.

http://forum.oberonplace.com/showthread.php?t=8249

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.