connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

[BUG] resizing lines or to lines

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

Top 150 Contributor
Poland
Male
Pdesignstudio Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2012 16:54

One more thing that is pretty annoying. I'm working in webdesign and have to work with lines to make designs.

1. There is no chance to scale 1px line to be 2px

2. You cant make from 10px height object 1px line.

From 1px line always staying 1px.

From more than 1px you can make only 2px line not 1px.

Thing happening from X3 to newest X6.

Small things but making my work a bit longer.

system configuration:

Win 7 Pro 64bit, Intel i5-2500, 8 GB RAM, 128 SSD SAMSUNG + 2TB on hard drives.

corel version:

X6 VERSION: 16.4.0.1280

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello pdesignstudio; I may not understand what you are trying to do, but why not design your graphics in Coreldraw convert it to curves and publish it or export it for the webdesigner?

George

TheSignGuy

Top 150 Contributor
Poland
Male

Because I think you cant export to PSD with layers from Corel Draw.

The question is why I cant use tools from Photopaint and should use Draw?

In my opinion if I have scale tool in Photopaint it should scale properly, and not push designer to search way to make things like scale tool should do.

system configuration:

corel version:

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello pdesignstudio; This is a bump to get the post back up the page, so maybe someone else can help you. like I said I would do all my graphics for a web page in Draw.

George

TheSignGuy

Top 150 Contributor
Poland
Male

Thx George. Can you share your webdesigns samples with me?

I'm curious what can be done in Draw.

Reason why i'm writing here lately.

I'm Corel user from version 7 and love to use it.

So I decided to write here all Photopaint bugs to make Corel Developers to notice things they didnt correct in last few years.

I think Photopaint is pretty good tool and it should work properly in so basic functions like scaling.

system configuration:

corel version:

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello pdesignstudio; The people that are in power to help at Corel come to the forum often and it is best ( I think ) to make a heading of the bug you want addressed, that way they'll see it for sure.
  My web site was made all most 100% in Draw except for a guy beating on the floor that came from Web Easy 8 art they give away when you buy there program.
you can click on my avatar and it will take you to my home page where you can click on the web site to see it. The site is ( www.vasigns.net ) when you click on someone's avatar it takes you to there home page and if they have a web site listed you can just click on it to go there, I'm sure everyone would like to have you visit there site, I know I do and while your at my site take all your money and all you can borrow and BUY SOMETHING (Anything) Stick out tongue

Best Regards, George

TheSignGuy

Not Ranked
Ottawa, ON, Canada
CorelEmployee

Hi pdesignstudio,

Thanks for bringing this one up. I've reproduced this with the steps below. I'll have it logged and hopefully we can have it fixed by next update.
 Cheers,
Andrew 

Steps:
-With the Line Tool, create a line of 1 px width (disable anti-aliasing for simplicity)
-Select the Pick Tool and attempt to scale the line (by either dragging a corner or entering a new scale)

Result:
 The line does not scale.

Top 150 Contributor
Poland
Male

You can try to scale down to 1px from 10px object too.

Result will be 2px height instead 1px.

system configuration:

corel version:

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.