connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

CorelDRAW Update 4 issues

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 49 Replies | 4 Followers

Page 3 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

Mike in Canada posted on Mon, Aug 19 2013 1:37

Just a heads-up, during installation, several dialogue boxes, "Insufficient privileges" popped up, but clicking retry to all of them allowed me to install. These staryed at 13% and finished ay 28%.

Its a nice update BTW, good work Corel!

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
CorelEmployee

Larry, having X5 on the system should not be a factor.

In X6.3, I am seeing a crash setting defaults from the property bar using the following steps: 

1-select the Dimension tool from the toolbox.

2-from the property bar, select the Extension line options dropdown and click one of the two checkboxes. Click OK when the change defaults dialog appears.

3-from the property bar, select the Extension line options dropdown again and enter a new value in the numbox or by using the spin box. Click OK when the change defaults dialog appears.

RESULT: crash or close without error. I am running 64bit X6.3 on Win8 64bit and 64bit X6.4 on Win7 64bit.

Can you let me know if these are the same steps that you followed in X6.3 (and now X6.4)? I find it strange that it is just appearing for you now. Is it possible that in X6.3 you had the change defaults dialog display disabled?

I have found that the crash can be avoided by:

A) disabling the change defaults warning (Tools menu, Options, Workspace, Warnings).

B) using the Object Styles docker to change dimension defaults

Sharon

Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands

Sharon Potts:

I have found that the crash can be avoided by:

A) disabling the change defaults warning (Tools menu, Options, Workspace, Warnings).

B) using the Object Styles docker to change dimension defaults

I have the warning turned on and have no issues with changing the extension line options through either the property bar or the object styles docker and am using Win 8 64-bit. It seems it may be user's system dependent rather than a general bug in CorelDRAW.

CorelDraw Graphics Suite X7 with premium membership, PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate.

Windows 8 (64 bit), Intel i7, 16GB RAM, 1GB Nvidia graphics card

Top 150 Contributor
Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
CorelEmployee

lrpopow: I have sent you a direct forum email, with a request for additional information.

ArtV, when you perform these steps from the Dimension tool property bar, am I to understand that after seeing the 'change defaults' dialog, you are able to change the default settings for Extension line options? Which update do you have applied?

Sharon

Not Ranked
Nasik India
Male

Defiantly new update have issue regarding Indian language software...i use Shreelip 7.3...In font window i found all Shreelipi font

i.e. All devnagari font under one head "ShreeDev,, All Shreelipi Symbol under SHREE SYM.. All Shreelipi English  under SHREE ENG,

it is not possible to search or change the font while searching the font... now its very critical use this software fluently... I wish to run the CorelDRAW under 6.3...kindly tell us how to roll back to Update 6.3

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Anand Dixit:
from the information I received from all three of them, they are having issues with font display and editing text

I imagine this is likely to be related to that problem.

The X6.4 update has apparently deleted bitstream font navigator, and then reinstalled it with another, identical but unconfigured copy.

I noticed it because the keyboard shortcut I had assigned to it stopped working. I reassigned the keyboard shortcut, but then found the font catalogue to be empty.

Deleting the font catalogue was necessary in the X6.3 update, because previous versions had corrupted the font catalogue. But it looks like Corel has forgotten to remove the instruction to delete the font catalog from the X6.4 update.

Fontnav is being replaced by the same version as before -- or at least, it is showing the same version number, 16.2.0.998. But it has certainly been uninstalled and reinstalled, apparently without any need to do so.

Result -- everybody now needs to rebuild their font catalogue, even if they already did it for X6.3, and recreate their font groups which as far as I'm aware are not backed up anywhere.

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Thank you Harry for the info here and your email to me. I did suspect the same thing and have already communicated to the users. I did ask them to rebuild their font catalog over the phone yesterday. I just thought of writing it here. I have not yet received any feed back from them yet but hope it works.

AFAI understand Update 2 through 4 are cumulative and hence Corel may have not removed the instructions as you suspect. This being cumilative, there are chances that few users may apply it over 6.1 or 6.2 where Corel must install 6.3 and then 6.4. However, like you say, it should detect what update is already installed on the system and work accordingly, if the case is so.

harryLondon:
But it looks like Corel has forgotten to remove the instruction to delete the font catalog from the X6.4 update.

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Ok further to my earlier post.......

I discussed about the issue in details with 2 users.

Solution suggested to them was to rebuild font list which they did yesterday. Both of them are using ShriLipi 7.3 (Which supports 64Bit and was being used with 6.3 without any issues.) After re-building the fontlist, all ShreeLipi fonts are shown in the installed font list. However they do not appear in the CorelDRAW font list. If an older file with these fonts is opened, it can be edited without any issue. However these fonts cannot be used to create a new file as they do not appear in the DRAW list.

As mentioned earlier, unfortunately I do not have ShreeLipi installed on my system so cannot check first hand. Other users may correct me or add more info here if they have any.

Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands

Sharon Potts:
ArtV, when you perform these steps from the Dimension tool property bar, am I to understand that after seeing the 'change defaults' dialog, you are able to change the default settings for Extension line options? Which update do you have applied?

Sharon,

I'm using X6.4 (i.e. the latest version with all updates installed)

It looks like I initially misunderstood the problem as I thought it was about changing the extension line settings after a dimension had been created.

When I try to change the default settings through the property bar it does crash after the change defaults warning shows up. It shows up twice, once when selecting one of the options for the extension lines but not changing the value, which does not crash CDRX6 and again after changing the value after which CDRX6 does crash when I click on OK.

CorelDraw Graphics Suite X7 with premium membership, PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate.

Windows 8 (64 bit), Intel i7, 16GB RAM, 1GB Nvidia graphics card

Not Ranked
Sydney, Australia
Male

I have just been prompted to install the update 16.4.0.1280.

We have installed it on two workstations. While it seemed faster to load initially, problems have escalated since using it. The product seems even more unstable than the last update. Corel Draw with no files open is running at 24,000KB (63,000KB with a blank document  open), after loading a document the RAM usage was high on both systems. Opening a 2MB file and the RAM usage jumped to to 1.24GB?. What is going on?

The pointer began to flicker while working on a file and Corel became quite unstable, possibly due to significant RAM consumption. 

I am moving elements from the existing file i was working on to a fresh document to test if this provides any relief. I am also testing elements of the file to see if anything can make a difference. neither computer appears to be releasing the RAM after closing the files. I have 450 fonts on my system, which i'd not consider a huge number (with earlier versions I have frequently run over 1500 fonts). Should I remove typefaces to see if these are causing issues with the software? 

It appears document loaded fonts are definitely a problem with CorelDraw X6, once loaded they don't appear to reset until the software is completely closed - there is a cumulative effect of using different typefaces. 

Any suggestions?

Not Ranked
Italia

Hello to all.

I use CorelDraw X6 Italian version.

Since I installed the update X6.4, I noticed several bugs on the styles of the objects.

When I prepare to make an object style, the program stores all the parameters, but only a few.

It happens to you?

Not Ranked
Baltimore
Male

That's it Sharon.  Exactly! 

My warning settings are always left at whatever defaults are setup at installation.  I never find a need to play with them.

I just unchecked the "default styles" warning and this seems to have helped.  I can still change dim settings from the tool bar which is much faster.  I will be using X6 all day and will let you know if I have further issues with dims.

Thanks for helping.  You saved my day.

Larry R.

Top 50 Contributor
Houston, Texas
Male
I can confirm the dimension bug. I'm seeing the same crash when changing
dimension defaults on Win 7 Pro 64 bit using latest update. I use
templates with preset defaults so I didn't notice it until reading this
post.

Steve
www.brutefish.com
Top 25 Contributor
Grand Haven, Michigan
Male

harryLondon:
Result -- everybody now needs to rebuild their font catalogue

HA! not me. I use NexusFont.

(Great catch however!)

Mike

Current System: i3 3.07ghz, 3gb ram, Windows 7 32 bit with all updates and X6

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

OK, that's "everybody" as in "everybody except those who know that they don't" ... Tongue Tied

Page 3 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.