connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

How to see what version of CorelDRAW a file is in

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

jrtboht Posted: Mon, Dec 8 2008 18:39

I have a folder full of tons of different CorelDRAW files created in many different versions of CorelDRAW.  Is there a way to see what version each of the files was saved as?

Top 50 Contributor
Dollard-desOrmeaux (Montreal suburb)
Male
The long way would be to rt click a file and go to "Properties>Details" That will show the version the file was created in. There must be a shorter / quicker way but I don't know what it would be.

Ted

Corel ROCKS !

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

If you're not on Vista, the Open dialog will show you the version (and build) when a file is selected.

If you are using Vista, open the folder in Explorer (or Draw's Open dialog for example) and choose Detailed List view. Right click on the bar above the file names (Name, Type, Size) and choose "More...". Enable "File version" in the dialog.
This will give you a column with file versions for CDR files from version 8 (I think) and up. The same thing should be possible with XP but I cannot check for the moment.

Note: Some words above may be incorrect, I use a Swedish version of Vista.

/Ronny

“The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”
John Steinbeck

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Running XP here Ronny and, unfortunantly, the "Open" window just says "Coreldraw X4 Graphic". Have to open "Details" to see actual saved version .

Ted

Corel ROCKS !

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

Edward Thurston:
Running XP here Ronny and, unfortunantly, the "Open" window just says "Coreldraw X4 Graphic". Have to open "Details" to see actual saved version .
Really? I think you've missed it. Look at your screenshot. :-)

Cannot get file version to work in Detailed List view with XP though. Have tried now. Keywords and a few other EXIF things work, but not version.

/Ronny

“The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”
John Steinbeck

hellow,i wanna introduce myself.my name is Vicky Novreza.i'm a new member.nice to meet you!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

vernonxvreza:
hellow,i wanna introduce myself.my name is Vicky Novreza.i'm a new member.nice to meet you!!!
Welcome Vicky.
Guess there won't be many people seeing your post here, hidden in this thread, but welcome anyway.

/Ronny

John Steinbeck

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Ronny Axelsson:

If you're not on Vista, the Open dialog will show you the version (and build) when a file is selected.

If you are using Vista, open the folder in Explorer (or Draw's Open dialog for example) and choose Detailed List view. Right click on the bar above the file names (Name, Type, Size) and choose "More...". Enable "File version" in the dialog.
This will give you a column with file versions for CDR files from version 8 (I think) and up. The same thing should be possible with XP but I cannot check for the moment.

Note: Some words above may be incorrect, I use a Swedish version of Vista.

Unfortunalely, Windows Vista don't display information about old versions, such as CorelDRAW 3.0 or 5.0

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Take another look at my screen shot, only the third one (details) shows that the file was created using V9. Otherwise, it is referred to as "CorelDRAW X4 Graphic"

Ted 

Corel ROCKS !

Top 50 Contributor
Male

I'd better get a new pair of glasses..........1 free kick for Ronny !  My apologizes

"Blind" Ted.......(I need more coffee !)

Corel ROCKS !

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Welcome to the "Club".

PS: If you wear glasses, like me,.......make sure that you've cleaned them before hitting the "Reply Group" (see my replies above and you'll know what I mean ! )

Ted

Corel ROCKS !

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

Ariel:
Unfortunalely, Windows Vista don't display information about old versions, such as CorelDRAW 3.0 or 5.0
No, for some reason. RecentFiles (wOxxOm) shows at least back to version 4, but only for the selected file.

/Ronny

John Steinbeck

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

Edward Thurston:
I'd better get a new pair of glasses..........1 free kick for Ronny !  My apologizes
Accepted. Smile

/Ronny

John Steinbeck

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.