connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Cant open need setup.msi 3x suite

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

the1sarge Posted: Sat, Mar 7 2009 10:52
HELP  I killed a virus on my computer and then went to open Corel I got the error message, cant find the file setup.msi.  My setup disc is missing I have a back up disc and the program cant find Setup.msi.  My Corel 3x Suite does not open.  Can someone send setup. msi to me and is that a way to correct that problem?  Anyone have a solution to this problem, because I cant open my 3x.
Top 50 Contributor
Dollard-desOrmeaux (Montreal suburb)
Male
Check replies to your other post made earlier. Also, if running on Vista, make sure that you have "permission" (Administrative) to install.
<the1sarge> wrote in message news:48880@coreldraw.com...
HELP  I killed a virus on my computer and then went to open Corel I got the error message, cant find the file setup.msi.  My setup disc is missing I have a back up disc and the program cant find Setup.msi.  My Corel 3x Suite does not open.  Can someone send setup. msi to me and is that a way to correct that problem?  Anyone have a solution to this problem, because I cant open my 3x.

http://coreldraw.com/forums/p/11967/48880.aspx#48880

Corel ROCKS !

I'm running XP, IE, and foxfire.  Someone sent me an email(thanks) and told me how to download the setup.msi file, which I did and I rebooted my computer.  I again tried to open x3 and still got the following msg  "The path"CorelDraw Graphics Suite X3 CD-ROMT"
cann0t be found.  Verify that you have access
to this location and try again, or try to find the
installation package "Setup.msi" in a folder from
which you can install the product CorelDraw graphics suite x3."

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male
Yani replied on Sat, Mar 7 2009 12:03

These questions always smack of "I don't have a legal copy now I'm screwed". Not that this is the case but it does impact willingness to support.

C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 Setup Files

See if there is a folder like that. I can't remember X3 file structure but X4 does that.

In there you should find all the required files.

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!
( The Simpsons, Hurricane Neddy -- Season:8 Episode:8 First Aired:12/29/1996 )

I purachase my copy at a going out of business sale of compusa.  I followed your instructions and found the folder and this is what it says now. "The file "Coreldraw graphics suite x3 setup files\cgs13\setup.msi is not a valid installation package for the product coreldraw graphics suite x3.  try to find the installation package "setup.msi" in a folder from which you can install corel draw graphics suite x3" Do you think the virus that I killed could have corrupted the file?  Because I could not open IE and other programs.  I still cant open thunderbird email.

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male
Yani replied on Sat, Mar 7 2009 14:26

should be here C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 Setup Files\CGS13

I've seen this with the ATI stuff where you have to click each package to get it to load.

There is seldom quick answers for this stuff, if you are in deep trouble download the X4 trial while you sort it out.

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!

There was 18 folders clicked each and still got the same error message.Does this seem like it is hopeless?  So I can download the trial x4 to finish what I was working on?  How long will I have use of the trail and what is the limitations?  Also is the trail on this website?  A lot of questions :)  I really appreciate your help, THANKS.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Do you know the name of the virus you caught ? How did you kill it ? What AV and firewall do you have ? I have a feeling that there is more damage than you realize. I was hit with the "Packet.Generic.200" trojan a couple of weeks ago. Took a week recovering, transferring data and wiping the "C" drive clean...and then reinstalling everything. 

Ted
<the1sarge> wrote in message news:48893@coreldraw.com...

I purachase my copy at a going out of business sale of compusa.  I followed your instructions and found the folder and this is what it says now. "The file "Coreldraw graphics suite x3 setup files\cgs13\setup.msi is not a valid installation package for the product coreldraw graphics suite x3.  try to find the installation package "setup.msi" in a folder from which you can install corel draw graphics suite x3" Do you think the virus that I killed could have corrupted the file?  Because I could not open IE and other programs.  I still cant open thunderbird email.

http://coreldraw.com/forums/p/11967/48893.aspx#48893

Corel ROCKS !

I don't know the name of the virus, I used a program from roadrunner my service provider.  Don't scare me with having to wiping the hard drive clean, been there and done that, and with over a million files I really do want to think about that.  Tell where I can down load the trail x4 and how long is it good for?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Sorry if it sounds like I'm scaring you. No the intention. The fact that you're making this post means that something is still working. Go to microsoft.com and check the FAQ's and troubleshooting links and see what they have to say about setup.msi.

...and dump the included "protection" from the ISP or add something good like NAV Internet Security 2009 and a good firewall. (are you on dial-up ?)

Here is the link to the X4 trial:

Ted
<the1sarge> wrote in message news:48916@coreldraw.com...

I don't know the name of the virus, I used a program from roadrunner my service provider.  Don't scare me with having to wiping the hard drive clean, been there and done that, and with over a million files I really do want to think about that.  Tell where I can down load the trail x4 and how long is it good for?

http://coreldraw.com/forums/p/11967/48916.aspx#48916

Corel ROCKS !

Top 50 Contributor
St. Albert Alberta Canada
Male
One of my client's got caught by a drive-by or USB (after a business
trip to China) virus (VBS trojan). It would not let him install or
update quite a few programs. Apparently Avast was able to remove it and
restore normal functionality. (strangely, he COULD install Avast; quite
a few other programs would not install--even such things as drivers. Not
sure what the difference was.)

And equally puzzling how a VBS trojan could get on his system as I do
not know of any applications his rather fundamental business system has
that would have VBS. All he has on it is the Open Office Suite, a couple
of Willy's viewers, Adobe Reader, AVG Antivirus, and, root of most
problems, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express (even after all that I
STILL can't convince him to switch to Firefox and Thunderbird!)

the1sarge wrote:
>
> I don't know the name of the virus, I used a program from roadrunner
> my service provider. Don't scare me with having to wiping the hard
> drive clean, been there and done that, and with over a million files I
> really do want to think about that. Tell where I can down load the
> trail x4 and how long is it good for?
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> http://coreldraw.com/forums/p/11967/48916.aspx#48916
>

Paul McGee St. Albert, Alberta, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

If you have had a virus attack don't leave it to one AV and hope it works.

I use Avira, the free version and I'm really happy with it. It doesn't interfere with the windows universe.

But if I've had an attack, and that is very rare, then I run an online tool from someone else as well to be double sure. (I haven't needed to do this for ages so you need to Google and find such a tool. You could try http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/WelcomePage.asp and if you get an ID of the virus look here  http://www.symantec.com/norton/security_response/removaltools.jsp (can't make that link)

Yani

Again I want to thank you for the time you have taken to pass on your knownledge to me.  I have downloaded x4 and I will use this to finish somethings I was working on.  I will have to get back to trying to correct the problems with x3 later.

Can you tell me if an image created in x4 still have the white frame around it when you import it into another documant?  If yes how can I get rid of it while I'm creating the image.  Also what is the best resolution to save an image for the internet?

Thank you for the information, later I will try it.  I have to use x4 to finish somethings I;m working on.  But you guys on this forum are the greatest, it is really nice to find people that will take the time to try to help people with small or large problems.  For all of us I say again THANK.

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male
Yani replied on Sun, Mar 8 2009 11:44

the1sarge:
Can you tell me if an image created in x4 still have the white frame around it when you import it into another document

Is this as PDF? If so the only current method is to change the page size.

Yani

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.