connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Can't open CorelDRAW X4 file through CorelDRAW X5

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

Yamca posted on Thu, Jul 8 2010 5:41

I have a CorelDRAW X4  file from my customer I need opened but my CorelDRAW X5 go freeze while open it.  does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

It is not support to attach here if you would please email me at support@tanjungtiara.com I can send you the file please. Thank you so much

My system :
Windows XP Pro SP3 
Intel Core2Quad Q8300 2.50GHz
ASUS BRAVO 9500/DI/512MD2
CORSAIR Dominator CMD4GX2M2A1066C5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 75 Contributor
İzmir, Türkiye
Male
Verified by Yamca

Yamca:
so we need overprint fill / outline.
This problem is not related Overprints. And I think your customer do not know Registration Color. Because he/she did not use it when neccessary. Please look at the bottom of the artwork. Date and job info. There is objects for each color over and over.

Yamca:
What should I do so I can open these files with coreldraw x5 easily?
And how to remove colorstyles and views from a file? if I was able to open it.
Color Styles are very big problem for DRAW. But Draw X5 have good solution. If you open the file with X5 and save again with X5 then file will be good. And you can not wait minutes for to open the file.

If you can not open the file with X5 I think this is known problem. And I think Corel Dev Team will be fix it with the first service pack.

Kursad Cakir
İzmir, Türkiye
CorelTÜRK Blog

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

If possible, upload the file on some free servers like yousendit. BTW it seems that the file contains loads of colorstyles and/or views.

Yamca:
It is not support to attach here if you would please email me at support@tanjungtiara.com I can send you the file please. Thank you so much

I have more than one hundred x4 files and more than half could not be opened by x5. what should I do to open these files?

one of these files can you download from the link below :
https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=897264895d5e72a5a96d

thank you for your help

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

I could open the file in X5. It took a longer time to open because of the corruption. There were loads of Colorstyles and views saved with the file. After I removed these, the file size also has drastically reduced. The size of downloaded file was over 1 mb and now the file is just 120 kb with same objects.

IMO the artwork created could have been created in a better manner. Unnecessary use of powerclips, overprint fills could have been avoided. With such unnecessary steps you add complexity to the file resulting in longer time to open or save, undesired results while printing etc.

Yamca:
one of these files can you download from the link below :
https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=897264895d5e72a5a96d

All these files I get from my customers and I can not tell them how to create a file with a better manner. The files are used to make films for screen printing, so we need overprint fill / outline.

Thank you very much for your help

Top 75 Contributor
İzmir, Türkiye
Male
Verified by Yamca

Yamca:
so we need overprint fill / outline.
This problem is not related Overprints. And I think your customer do not know Registration Color. Because he/she did not use it when neccessary. Please look at the bottom of the artwork. Date and job info. There is objects for each color over and over.

Yamca:
Color Styles are very big problem for DRAW. But Draw X5 have good solution. If you open the file with X5 and save again with X5 then file will be good. And you can not wait minutes for to open the file.

If you can not open the file with X5 I think this is known problem. And I think Corel Dev Team will be fix it with the first service pack.

Kursad Cakir
İzmir, Türkiye
CorelTÜRK Blog

I tried to open those files using faster computers, and those files can be opened even if a bit long. After the files are stored with the format of the X5, the files can be opened on my computer quickly.

Thank you very much for your help

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.