connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Wishlist for CorelDRAW X6

This post has 990 Replies | 32 Followers

Page 1 of 67 (991 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
Ariel Posted: Sun, Aug 29 2010 21:08

I start this post thinking about the request for a new version. Not only "corrections" but one more step: How do ypu chage CorelDRAW to develop a more powerful program? what kind of features, programs, tools, effects, dou you want? 3D features? Web design? page layout? not only "the same of other programs", but think on something differnte: what other programs can't do, and what CorelDRAW can do differente.

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

Great  and needed thread.

Throwing ideas around is great. I love even the unthought-out and frivolous ones too.

Remember to be realistic in what you think the end result can be. The more that is packed into the program, the slower and more buggy it will be.

Removing or simplifying parts of the program can be just as important in order to make room for new and better features.

Also remember that vba (macros) can add functionality to the CGS without adding much weight. So... if it can be done with vba then sometimes, that may be the best  way to go.

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

I use CorelDraw to make illustrations for my consultant reports.  Most involve maps and coordinates of objects.  I would really like to have basic GIS functions for building GIS-based drawings.  Nothing fancy.  Now, I primarily use PhotoCapture to quickly get my data into CorelDraw.  Occasionally, I will use a compatible export file type.  I use ExpertGPS for my simple GIS needs.  If things are serious, I use Manifold GIS.  Neither program is suitable for quality technical graphics output.  Most GIS programs are similar.  If you started with GeoPDF and shapefile support, that would be much better than anything now available.

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

RunFlaCruiser:

Great  and needed thread.

Throwing ideas around is great. I love even the unthoughtful frivolous ones too.

I do not think any idea is frivolous or inferior to another, simply there are more useful proposals or less usable, there are changes deeper and more superficial. In my opinion, X6 should be a version of big changes, not simply add a couple of functions to the Blend tool, improve the spacing of the text and correct any errors. That's important, yes, but it is not fundamental. 

The Blend and  Extrusion were innovative and revolutionary ideas when they were born, but since version 2.0 from today are basically the same, have improved performance but remain almost the same. What I want is for the Extrusion is a real 3D vector effect. What I want is for the Extrusion is a real 3D vector effect. Corel 25-innovated with tools and effects that no one had, now has to do something similar. It is not copying what others already have, but offer something that other programs are NOT.

RunFlaCruiser:
Also remember that vba (macros) can add functionality to the CGS without adding much weight. So... if it can be done with vba then sometimes, that may be the best  way to go.

I agree, I believe that Corel must add more support to VBA developers such as MacroMonster and OberonPlace, ie add a link to these websites from inside the Macros Docker. It is also possible to recommend some macros that are most useful, whether free or paid. Most people don't use the macros, simply because they don't know what can do .

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Please new alignment methods

regards

ram

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

pkg_sriram:
Please new alignment methods

About Align and Distribute:

• Add fixed distance between objects (ie. 10 mm between each object)
  • Add variable distance between objects, allowing to increase or decrease the distance between object. For example, if the distance between the first and second object is 10 mm, allows to increase a value (such as 2.0 ratio) so the second distance will be 20 mm, third object will have 30 mm, 4th object 40 mm and proportional for each new object. 
  • Add button for fast "zero distance" between objects (right side with left side)  

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

VECTOR GENERATORS

There should be vector generators for natural effects to fill the selected object like

BUBBLES, NOISE (DIFFERENT STYLES), DISTORTIONS, FIRE, WATER...ETC.

regards

ram

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

pkg_sriram:

VECTOR GENERATORS

There should be vector generators for natural effects to fill the selected object like

regards

ram

I want a Hair Brush of Artistic Media tool 

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 50 Contributor
West Virginia USA
Female

In Photo-Paint...I would like to see the brushes and all that goes with it TOTALLY redone. Don't leave out little details...like that Cumulative toggle button on the Brush setting docker. It has done nothing for as long as I can remember!  And PLEASE make it easier to save, load and share brushes.

And while you're at it, make the Touch-up brush work better.All it does now is blur.

Patti

~~~~~~~~~
pranderson

Using 32-bit versions of CDGSX6 & X7
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit / Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 / 4.00 GB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Ariel:
I do not think any idea is frivolous or inferior to another, simply there are more useful proposals or less usable, there are changes deeper and more superficial.

HI.

Yes. I hope you did not misunderstand me. I love all ideas no matter what. I especially love ideas that have not had time to develop because many hesitate to post because they think that their idea may be frivolous, or un-thought out. Please post! A small idea could be the birth of some large and great.

Ariel:
X6 should be a version of big changes, not simply add a couple of functions to the Blend tool, improve the spacing of the text and correct any errors. That's important, yes, but it is not fundamental. 

Yes. But we must be realistic too.  Every version has areas that are "targeted" for change or development. On limitless budget and employee count this may be possible but there are limits. Corel has a limited number of employees, time, and money so someone will have to decide which areas get targeted this time too.

Never the less... Toss your ideas and arguments out. Maybe yours will become reality.

-John

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Different skies, veins....etc

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

pkg_sriram:

Texture and bitmap fills can be traced... maybe you want more pattern fills.

Top 50 Contributor
Germany / Europe
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
mo replied on Mon, Aug 30 2010 16:46

pkg_sriram:
VECTOR GENERATORS

Agree. To be more precise: procedural fills. Let's start at least with the basic noise filters like perlin noise, voroni etc...

„We are SATISFIED if we got everything we wished to have. But we can only be HAPPY if our EGO hadn‘t been standing in our way to get there.“

Sustainable Graphics Design & Illustration: econceptum.com

Blog: mobeumers.wordpress.com

Top 50 Contributor
Germany / Europe
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
mo replied on Mon, Aug 30 2010 16:50

pranderson:
And PLEASE make it easier to save, load and share brushes

http://coreldraw.com/forums/t/21616.aspx

„We are SATISFIED if we got everything we wished to have. But we can only be HAPPY if our EGO hadn‘t been standing in our way to get there.“

Sustainable Graphics Design & Illustration: econceptum.com

Blog: mobeumers.wordpress.com

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

I'm really tired of a slow performing contour tool.

Please rework this tool. It's been many years and it's turn will hopefully come.

If anyone has ever used Flexisign's contour tool, it's fast, very fast, even on complex shapes and many lines of text....it's instant.

-John

Page 1 of 67 (991 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.