connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Corel 7 on Windows 7 Home Edition

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

very_pointy_ears posted on Mon, Feb 21 2011 19:38

Hi,

Firstly, apologies if this is a FAQ. I have searched this site but have not been able to find my answer.

I've had Corel 7 for years and have always loved it. However, I run Linux now on my own desktop and it doesn't work well in WINE so I installed it on my wife's PC instead, which runs Windows 7 Home Edition.

Corel DRAW basically works, except that every time I click into the drawing area, a "Windows Help and Support" window pops up and steals focus, which makes Corel DRAW nigh on impossible to use.

I have tried XP compatability mode stuff but nothing I have tried has made any difference.

Unfortunately, because the version of Windows we have is the home edition, I don't think we've got a virtual XP machine in which to run stuff.

I would prefer not to upgrade to a newer version of Corel Draw because I know my way around the one I have and it can do everything I need, if I could just stop this annoying Windows help message from popping up all the time.

Is there an easy fix to this?

Cheers,

Kingsley.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

Can you test with a different mouse and keyboard?

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Suggested by easpc

My friend your problem is the help system that uses corel 7, to solve this issue download

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/A/8/9A8FCFAA-78A0-49F5-8C8E-4EAE185F515C/Windows6.1-KB917607-x86.msu

and problem solved.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.