connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

link image to website / x5

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

jadeoasis posted on Mon, Aug 22 2011 11:17

hi,

i´d like to ask you how to create link image to website in jpg/png with coreldraw or photopaint

it´s a favor for a friend.

thanks!

george

note: if this problem is solved in this / see below, please let me know.

so i can save your expensive time:-)

cheers!

note: somethimes a strange thing happens, when i move vector graphic with arrows. it vanishes immediately, so i have to go back to make the graphic visible.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
JPG and PNG file formats don't supported an embedded link. That is done with HTML code.

hi foster,

thanks for an answer.

sorry, maybe i didn´t explain it clearly enough, i like to make a picture, so when you click on it, it opens some particular website.

cheers!

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Where do you wish to put this picture?

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

jadeoasis:
when i move vector graphic with arrows. it vanishes immediately, so i have to go back to make the graphic visible.

Maybe you have "interruptible refresh" on, and your next arrow key is interrupting the display ?

You can check it at Tools > Options > Workspace > Display.

to a personal blog, it would be like a static banner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note: you´re right , there is an interruptible refresh allowed. is it wrong?

it does that strange effect just from time to time:-(

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

The program you are using to put your images in the blog is the only thing that can assign a link to the image.

so, it means if i can use a picture as connection to any http site, it can be written only in code?

i thought it can be easily done in coreldraw, just pick up any text or a picture.

come on, corel is strong enough to solve this trivial problem:-)

cheers!

They're telling you the truth. Wink

Besides, just about any blog software I can think of has a way of designating a banner image and takes care of the link for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
No, "Corel" can't fix this problem. The file formats don't support an embedded link. End of story, nothing Corel, Adobe or any other graphics software company can do about it.

To add a link, just create the HTML code linking to wherever you want and wrap it around the code loading the image on the Web page.

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Try right clicking on the image in the program that you write your blog, and look for an option like "add link", "URL", "anchor" or properties.

It has got to be there somewhere.

hi harryLondon,

thanks for your valuable tip.

i prefer learning from practical experiences, rather than listening just facts:-)

note:sorry i didn´t mentioned, the blog is situated on ning.com, where you can actually upload your banner/image and so on.

cheers!

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

jadeoasis:
i prefer learning from practical experiences, rather than listening just facts:-)
So if you intend to teach the JPG/PNG to upload itself to a website, you're gonna have a hard time. Wink

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself" (Eleanor Roosevelt).

/Ronny

“The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”
John Steinbeck

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

jadeoasis:
when i move vector graphic with arrows. it vanishes immediately, so i have to go back to make the graphic visible.
May be a video card issue. Are your video drivers up to date?
Are the three service packs applied to Draw?
Do you by any chance have a Logitech mouse?

/Ronny

“The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”
John Steinbeck

Top 150 Contributor
Pekin, Il
Male

You can use X5 to create a HTML page directly from Draw graphics inside of CorelDraw. Including links from roll overs. Not sure about slicing a image, but with CD you really wouldn't seem to need to as you can group elements and turn them into hotspots.Under type for the export you have a wide range of JPG, GIF, PNG to choose from. Then you could just FTP the resulting files and your done.

If anyone is interested in more let me know.

Steve E.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.