connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

CDX6 EPS Import Error

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

Top 200 Contributor
San Francisco, CA
Male
Jed Hunsaker Posted: Wed, May 16 2012 22:34

I purchased and downloaded an EPS file from a reputable site, vectorstock.com, but trying to open or import this EPS file into CorelDRAW X6 resulted in the following error:

"An error occurred while processing vectorstock_782709.epx. The file cannot be opened."

My roommate, however, with his Adobe Illustrator CS2, was able to open the file just fine on his Mac. This may be due to a font issue? Anyway, he safely converted it into AI format and I was then able to open it.

As a disclaimer, I am providing this EPS file strictly for testing purposes and NOT commercial use. If you wish to obtain a license, you may download it at the following link:

http://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/camera-film-roll-vector-782709

That said, here is a direct link from my public Dropbox to the file itself:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/347734/vectorstock_782709.zip

And here is the file converted into AI format:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/347734/vectorstock_782709_converted.zip

That should be ample information.

Top 50 Contributor
Emerald Beach NSW Australia
Male

I have Trouble with EPS Import.

In my list of import filters EPS is not Listed??

But it is installed according to Filter Options. Indifferent

I have been opening them in Illy and resaving them as AI.

Top 200 Contributor
San Francisco, CA
Male

Are you sure you had EPS selected at installation? I usually manually check a few filters at installation and I wouldn't be surprised if EPS was one of them. I think it was, actually. You gotta' look for that at installation!

Top 75 Contributor
İzmir, Türkiye
Male

Jed Hunsaker:

I purchased and downloaded an EPS file from a reputable site, vectorstock.com, but trying to open or import this EPS file into CorelDRAW X6 resulted in the following error:

"An error occurred while processing vectorstock_782709.epx. The file cannot be opened."

I downloaded that .eps file from your link and I opened it with CorelDRAW X6 without problems.

It may be related with ghostcript. Did you installed ghostscript during installing X6?

Kursad Cakir
İzmir, Türkiye
CorelTÜRK Blog

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Chris Wills:
In my list of import filters EPS is not Listed??

It probably is, but it is part of the postscript filter so you need to scroll down to P :

This causes a lot of unnecessary confusion.

If Corel is watching, it would probably be better to list these as three separate entries, each in strict alphabetic order of extension.

Another example -- PCT is wrongly listed as if it was spelt PiCT which is not the spelling in the list. This makes it hard to find PDF which the eye expects to find after PCT. Either list it as PICT or sort it to the right place for PCT.

A few seconds correcting the sort order algorithm would save several minutes of unnecessary puzzlement, muliplied many thousand times over by numerous users all finding the problem for the first time.

Top 50 Contributor
Male

harryLondon:
This causes a lot of unnecessary confusion.

Yes that was it Harry listed under PS. Still I have problems importing some EPS files. I might explore Ghostscript I had installed 9.02 a few months ago but I notice X6 comes with 8.64 I wonder if this is causing conflict, according to Hugh J and David M 9.02 should not be a problem.

If anybody has info on this and could steer us in the right direction it would help heaps.

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello Jed; My X6 64 bit opened the zipped EPS file OK, but X4 Wouldn't open it. ( Roll of Film )

George

TheSignGuy

Top 200 Contributor
San Francisco, CA
Male

Kursad Cakir:

It may be related with ghostcript. Did you installed ghostscript during installing X6?

Problem solved! It was Ghostscript, indeed! I just did a modify install and checked the Ghostscript box and all is well.

BTW, I *never* use the file-type/extension drop-down box. My method is to drag-drop the file directly into an empty instance of CorelDRAW or even an existing document.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Top 75 Contributor
Mumbai, INDIA
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Chris Wills:
If anybody has info on this and could steer us in the right direction it would help heaps.

Latest version of Ghostscript is 9.05...

32-Bit Download - http://downloads.ghostscript.com/public/gs905w32.exe

64-Bit Download - http://downloads.ghostscript.com/public/gs905w64.exe

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7
Tabbed Interface, Transparency in Fountain Fills, Tons of Contents

www.corelinsight.com

Top 50 Contributor
Male

Pratik Shah:
Latest version of Ghostscript is 9.05..

Thanks Pratik,

So 9.05 is OK with X6??

Top 75 Contributor
Mumbai, INDIA
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Chris Wills:
So 9.05 is OK with X6??

Absolutely;

I use myself without any issues.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7
Tabbed Interface, Transparency in Fountain Fills, Tons of Contents

www.corelinsight.com

Not Ranked
Plymouth UK
Paul replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 18:35

so x6 comes with the ghostscript as x5 did cos it helps when printing halftones onto our films for screenprinting

I am using x6.4  & downloaded gostscript 64-bit still iam unable to download some EPS files which i have purchased from 123RF.com 

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Harishy:
unable to download some EPS files which i have purchased from 123RF.com

Have you found the same problem with any of their free images?

We would stand the best chance of getting this fixed if somebody could download an image and verify it as a problem, but I can't imagine too many people wanting to buy a subscription to do that.

Incidentally, even if you cannot import an EPS as "editable", you should (in theory at least) always be able to import it as a placed image -- which means you will see a low resolution version of the image as a placeholder (or its filename if it has no placeholder image), which you can stretch and scale and then the high resolution postscript will be inserted when you print.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.