connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Unable to load CorelDraw.dll Error Code:998

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 28 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

Not Ranked
Edinburgh, Scotland
scrc posted on Tue, May 29 2012 9:51

Having problems with Corel Draw running. I recieve the following error when I try to run Corel Draw X5 :- Unable to load CorelDraw.dll Error Code:998.

I have tried 3 re-installs of Corel Draw X5 but no luck.

There appears to be very little information online with this Corel Draw X5 error code.

Any ideas ?.

TIA

Scott Cummings

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Hello scrc....I had the same problem today and I have spent the entire day getting this fixed.  As of right now it is now working, thanks to my Dell tech support!!!  He went into the a file that showed what updates I had and noticed a Windows Critical Update early this morning (3 am) so went to the previous date and restored my computer to that day.  Viola....it works now. 

I'm sorry I can't tell exactly where to find that info but at least maybe you can figure it out.  Good luck!

Top 10 Contributor
London UK
Verified by elden

X5 has a repair option, same as previous versions.

But ... it will only repair X5 itself and the suggestion above is that a windows update may have caused the problem.

If the problem is at the windows level, then X5 cannot repair that.

Top 500 Contributor
Berkshire, UK
Verified by jsdkeys

I tried Revo unistaller as suggested, but it didn't work - I was still getting "Unable to load Coreldrw.dll (and Corelppt.dll): Error 998".

I realised that the problem first surfaced after I had installed "iliveid" in order to watch rugby live on the internet (and the process also installed "searchqu").

Having uninstalled iliveid and searchqu, Corel Graphics suite X6 started working again!

BEWARE freeware is all I can say!

Phil

All Replies

Just easy. Remove searchqu toolbar.

thanks man..it works..

searchqu is the problem..

Thank you! I did not find "iliveid" but I did find "searchqu" which I uninstalled and program seems to be working just fine again.

Suggested by pterocroc

I had the same problem. I uninstalled the program "Searchqu Toolbar" of Bandoo and now Corel draw is OK !!.

Having problems with Corel Draw running. I recieve the following error when I try to run Corel Draw X5 :- Unable to load CorelDraw.dll Error Code:998.

I have tried 3 re-installs of Corel Draw X5 but no luck.

There appears to be very little information online with this Corel Draw X5 error code.

Any ideas ?.

orakle

jaison

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

orakle:

There are actually several threads about this already, with most of them confirming that cause was spyware such as searchqu.

Suggested by Omkar Kadam

please help i tried uninstalling the searchqu toolbar did as per showed in that post still the error remains what to do please help should i again reinstall the whole thing ?? i have windows 7 -32 bit

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Did you reboot afterwards? Often, uninstalling a program has no effect until the next reboot.

Then you should try installing CorelDraw again.

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Hello

If rebooting does not sort your issue, like Harry has suggested then .............

I have seen this issue with some other toolbars either. It is not just SearchQu. Review your system for few more tool bars if installed and remove those.

Omkar Kadam:
please help i tried uninstalling the searchqu toolbar did as per showed in that post still the error remains what to do please help should i again reinstall the whole thing ?? i have windows 7 -32 bit

thank you..

I was finally able to continue to work.. Big Smile

I had same problem, and u will not believe what it was: you had recently installed searchqu toolbar when installing livid downloader, yeah? Anyway, to solve problem, just go Programs and features , find "serachqu" and uninnstall it.
Problem solved

Hi I had the same problem after installing illivid to download e-books. Corel XV did the same error code without starting up.

I uninstalled illivid but it still did not want to start so I did a system restore and that worked. I will definitely avoid free downloads in future!

Jeannie de Wet

I had thr same problem with Corel Home & Student X6. After i have uninstalled searchqu it works. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.