connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

How to add 'perspective' to imported jpeg photos in CorelDraw / CorelPhoto

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

basnowdon posted on Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:07

Hi guys - I'm trying to add perspective to photos (JPEG files) imported into CorelDraw.

I have attached something which I hope will help best describe what I am looking to do.  I want to change a photo so that, rather than facing 'head on', it looks as though it is facing away at an angle.

I can skew basic shapes to give the impression these have perspective but I can not do this with JPEG files.  If anyone can help me to acheive this in CorelDraw or CorelPhoto that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

m

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Georgetown, Guyana. South America.
Male

Select your image.

Bitmap > 3D Effects > Perspective

For a live update , click the preivew button

Top 50 Contributor
ABBOTSFORD, BC CANADA
Male

Do all this on a copy of the photo... not the original.

Use the Perspective tool after selecting the bitmap on the CorelDRAW page.

Go to Bitmaps-3D effects-choose lower right node and pull down appropriately.

Devil  the 'dd'

comin' atcha from up on the hill in Abbotsford, BC  CANADA

The best answer is Shelby's awesometaculay Bitmap Perspective macro which does exactly what you want without the clunky limitations using Draw's bitmap perspective tool or guessing with Photopaint's tool.  Contact Shelby M or Jeff at macromonster.com

I hate pressing F8 at startup!

Top 50 Contributor
Puerto Rico
Male

If you want more control edit it in Photo Paint as an object. Click until you get double arrow nodes, and move them to test.

Regards

Michael Cervantes
MC Design Studio

Michael Cervantes:

If you want more control edit it in Photo Paint as an object. Click until you get double arrow nodes, and move them to test.

...what I meant to say when I wrote 'Photo Pain tool'.

I hate pressing F8 at startup!

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

basnowdon:
I can skew basic shapes to give the impression these have perspective but I can not do this with JPEG files.  If anyone can help me to acheive this in CorelDraw or CorelPhoto that would be much appreciated.
Check this affordable macro: Shelby's Bitmap Perspective.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.