connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

update corel draw x6

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

PERRIN MELISSA posted on Tue, Sep 10 2013 3:20

Hello,

Can you help me ?

I bought an update corel draw x6, but I can't  to do updates corel draw x6.  (x6.1 - x6.2 - x6.3 - x6.4).

Before, I had a corel draw x5.

Thanks

Hello,

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello Perrin; I Can't understand what the fly out is telling you, I only do English, but did you register X6?

George

TheSignGuy

Yes, I register X6 but corel draw font have register my licence.

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

The message says, roughly, "we cannot verify your ownership of the product".

My guess is that its ownership of X5 that it cannot verify. This usually happens when installing the update on a machine that does not have a working copy of X4 or X5.

That is usually followed by requesting the serial number of the previous product, which for X5 would probably begin DR15. It would have to be a serial number from a full retail version, not home and student or a special licence. So it looks like either you did not enter a qualifying X5 number or there was some problem with it.

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Do you have the little green man at the bottom right of the screen?

George

TheSignGuy

Yes, I have a little green man at the bottom right of the screen.

with the message : "Nous n'avons pas pu validé votre statut à l'égard du produit. Pour vous faire aider, veuillez contacter le Service d'assistance Corel à partir de www.corel.com/membersupport."

This software is my work tool. This is not a version "home", "student"...

Our company works since twenty years. This is not the first update.

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

So, you currently have only the original X6 and you're getting that message when you try to update it to X6.1 ... ?

If so, you've probably downloaded what you thought was the X6.1 update, which should be CDGSX6Update_1.exe but there's a bug on the website which causes it to deliver CDGSX6Update4.exe in some circumstances, even though you selected the other one.

You cannot apply update 4 until you have applied update 1, so if you did receive the wrong file the update will fail. That's not quite the message I expect from that particular problem, but it might still be wise to check the filename to ensure that it really is update_1 that you were trying to apply.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.