connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Can someone help me to mirror?

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

designgraphics Posted: Fri, Oct 31 2008 17:54

I am trying to flip a word over completely not turn it but flip it over like a pancake.  I can do it real easy in SignBlaster but cannot figure out how to in X4.  In SignBlaster it is called mirroring.  Any help with this would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Jerry Reno Nevada
Top 200 Contributor
Point Reyes, California
Female

designgraphics:

I am trying to flip a word over completely not turn it but flip it over like a pancake.  I can do it real easy in SignBlaster but cannot figure out how to in X4.  In SignBlaster it is called mirroring.  Any help with this would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

It's called "Mirror" in Draw, too:     Capture of Draw palette

This Docker is found in Window/Dockers/Transformation/Scale; the mirroring tabs are on the right. A nice feature is the option of applying to a Duplicate.

Scott Leslie
Scott Leslie Signs

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

Flip in place by pressing CTRL+SHIFT and moving the adjustment handles.

designgraphics:

I am trying to flip a word over completely not turn it but flip it over like a pancake. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Hey people I did it.....:)  I must say I have found that REALLY corel must be the best program made!!!  You can do anything with it.  This forum is also is as good as corel so many good people willing to help others here!Geeked

Jerry Reno Nevada
Top 50 Contributor
ABBOTSFORD, BC CANADA
Male

It's definitely in the top 10... and IMO #1 for Graphics in overall usability and hence productivity. And yeah... for the most part we really git 'er done here on the Forum. Thanks for contributing. There are a whole lot of hardworking Corel geniuses on here. They have blazed productivity paths many of us are still dreaming of. Stick out tongue

comin' atcha from up on the hill in Abbotsford, BC  CANADA

ya I figure that a lot of these brains here that reply and have helped me with questions use corel in the work place.  You mentioned top 10 they are beyond my knowledge if any of those are refering to any adobe products it seems hard to beat a program like this that is pretty darn good and easy to make webpages, create easily, and I find it very nice to export in sooooo many different formats.  This is something I use a lot.  Curoius as a knowledged user as yourself you are not thinking an adobe product meets or beats corel do you?  I will always use corel but curoius as to what other experienced knowledgabe people think.

Jerry Reno Nevada
Top 50 Contributor
Dollard-desOrmeaux (Montreal suburb)
Male
Many, if not most, of the people that you find here have more than one graphics program up'n running. It would be nice to say that any one program can do it all in the fastest and most efficeint way. Every program has its' strong and weak points. Adobe's PS and CS programs have a higher learning curve, cost a lot more but have some more powerful  tools. Some programs can "do" in a click what others take several steps but, as you saw from the replies, there are several ways of doing the (near) same thing....a matter of control and options.

Ted

Corel ROCKS !

Don't forget that there are also 2 mirror buttons, right there on your Upper Property bar................ both a mirror vertically and a mirror horizontally choice.

Select your text. Click, you're done.

Diane Jersey Girl

I know how to make a mirror copy in AutoCad, but in Corel i still can not do it. I need the copy to be on the same distance. That's way i make a baseline, but how to make a mirror copy from this baseline? The 2 buttons up don't help me.

Top 150 Contributor
Cheyenne, WY
Male

powerful:

I know how to make a mirror copy in AutoCad, but in Corel i still can not do it. I need the copy to be on the same distance. That's way i make a baseline, but how to make a mirror copy from this baseline? The 2 buttons up don't help me.

On the toolbox, expand the second tool down and look for "Free Transform", then from the Properties Bar Select "Free Angle Reflection", you will see a live mirror copy. If you press the Right Mouse Button, it will make the copy for you. 

-Shelby

Shelby Moore:
On the toolbox, expand the second tool down and look for "Free Transform", then from the Properties Bar Select "Free Angle Reflection", you will see a live mirror copy. If you press the Right Mouse Button, it will make the copy for you. 

-Shelby

But I don't know the distance. I look for mirror copy like in AutoCad.

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

Don't know how "mirror copy" works in AutoCad, but here's a neat little trick to flip copy (also described by Jeff below):

Click and drag any of the side handles of a selected object, drag across the object while holding Ctrl (to avoid distorting the object).
You'll see from the preview that the object is flipped across the opposite edge. Now, before releasing the mouse button, right-click to create a copy. If done right, you'll have a mirrored copy next to the original.
Try doing the same thing with Ctrl AND Shift.
Try doing it from a corner bounding box handle, while holding Alt and Shift.
There are many ways of flipping objects with these simple steps and different combinations of Ctrl, Shift and Alt.
Play with it and you'll pretty soon find out how it works.

This wasn't what you were looking for perhaps, but it is useful to know anyway. :-)

/Ronny

“The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”
John Steinbeck

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

powerful:
I look for mirror copy like in AutoCad.
Try this:

Make a line with any of the drawing tools, a line that symbolizes the "mirror".
Select the object to mirror and then the previously mentioned Free Transform tool and select the Free angle reflection mode (button in Property Bar).
Click one end of the "mirror" and drag to the other end. If you want a copy, right-click before releasing the mouse button.
To increase the precision, make sure Snap to Objects is enabled. This will make the Free Reflection tool snap to the "mirror".

Remember; CorelDraw is not a CAD tool, even though it has some CAD related features.

/Ronny

“The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”
John Steinbeck

Ronny Axelsson:

Try this:

Make a line with any of the drawing tools, a line that symbolizes the "mirror".
Select the object to mirror and then the previously mentioned Free Transform tool and select the Free angle reflection mode (button in Property Bar).
Click one end of the "mirror" and drag to the other end. If you want a copy, right-click before releasing the mouse button.
To increase the precision, make sure Snap to Objects is enabled. This will make the Free Reflection tool snap to the "mirror".

Remember; CorelDraw is not a CAD tool, even though it has some CAD related features.

You are great Ronny Axelsson :) In the previous post (before yours) the man said the way, but he doesn't describe as well as you and I could not make a mirror copy. Thank you very much. Appreciation to your assistance. You always read what exactly does the user ask and always give the right answer.

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

powerful:
I know how to make a mirror copy in AutoCad, but in Corel i still can not do it. I need the copy to be on the same distance. That's way i make a baseline, but how to make a mirror copy from this baseline?

Consider the inexpensive CADTool add-on:

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.