connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products
We take every threat seriously. CorelDRAW.com has not been affected by the Heartbleed security bug.

Rotate 90 degrees shortcut

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

Janet Berg posted on Sun, May 6 2012 13:43

Is it possible that CorelDraw has no icon, r-click trick, keyboard shortcut, nor any other type of shortcut to rotate (an) object(s) 90 degrees???

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
Verified by Janet Berg

Hold Ctrl key when you rotate (also, you can change the deault constrain angle under Tool/Options if you want)

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
İzmir, Türkiye
Male

you can write simple macro and assign hortcut this macro.

Kursad Cakir
İzmir, Türkiye
CorelTÜRK Blog

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
Verified by Janet Berg

Hold Ctrl key when you rotate (also, you can change the deault constrain angle under Tool/Options if you want)

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Kursad Cakir:

Hi.

Here's a macro that does this and much more. Free

http://www.gdgmacros.com/details.php?prodId=52

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Big Smile!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!GeekedYesIdea

Does this appear anywhere in CorelDraw's Help, or tips, or anywhere in the program??? If not, they really should put it in...!

Ariel:

Ariel

My thank you was for you---my post accidentally didn't print your quote, and there was no edit button......

Kursad Cakir:

Thanks, but to complicated for such a commonly used function....

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Janet Berg:

Kursad Cakir:

Thanks, but to complicated for such a commonly used function....

Hmm. Not sure why it would be too complicated. You could assign a shortcut key instead of ever having to touch the mouse. Plus you can rotate many objects at once each on there own axis and lots more. I use stuff like this daily to save time and it really helps when you do tons of rotating.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

RunFlaCruiser:

Hmm. Not sure why it would be too complicated. You could assign a shortcut key instead of ever having to touch the mouse. Plus you can rotate many objects at once each on there own axis and lots more. I use stuff like this daily to save time and it really helps when you do tons of rotating.

~John

Only because I have ZERO experience with macros...:-).....and the Macro Toolbar in CorelDraw X3, which I checked to view, is all grayed out! Interestingly enough, I have the very same tool bar with the very same icons in my Word--not grayed out and fully functioning...! So I apparently do have Visual Basic installed (as I thought). I believe it was installed along with my CorDraw installation from the CD, so I should have everything I need, no? It's enough of a job to start learning about macros (which I am sure would be both fun and useful), but I didn't really have time to start trying to figure out why CorD isn't recognizing my Vis Bas. Suggestions welcome...:-)....

Also, it seems like a professional graphics program should have a shortcut for 90 degree rotate--I have seen this question go unanswered (vis-a-vis CorelDraw) on other forums!

Also, simply pressing Ctrl is sooooo easy....:-)......And being able to set the increment is very useful!

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Janet Berg:

Big Smile!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!GeekedYesIdea

Does this appear anywhere in CorelDraw's Help, or tips, or anywhere in the program??? If not, they really should put it in...!

Constrain angle was an old trick, very useful for work with CorelDRAW. I'm glad you like it Big Smile

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 25 Contributor
Olympia, WA, USA
Male

Janet Berg:
there was no edit button......

Just go to where it says "More" and click the drop down to select "Edit" to make any changes you want.

-----> This part added with "Edit":<-------

Let not the one who says it can't be done interrupt the one who is doing it.

Graewerld

Thanks. I had looked there, but perhaps I accidentally was clicking at someone else's post, as I do remember looking through that very same list for Edit and not finding it...:-).....Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.